What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health care profession with a profoundly different philosophy from that of traditional orthodox medicine. It does not involve the use of medications or surgery but rather specializes in the detection, correction, and prevention of the biomechanical and structural alterations of the vertebral column.
Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that the nervous system (cerebrum, spinal cord, and spinal nerves) controls the function of all the cells, tissues, organs, and systems of your body. While the cerebrum is protected by the cranium, the spinal cord is more vulnerable, covered only by 24 moveable vertebrae. When these bones lose their normal motion and position, this may cause an interruption in the transmission of the nerve impulses. If this happens, apart from the possibility of experiencing different symptoms such as pain, pins and needles, and insensitivity, the function of the corresponding tissues and organs will be diminished.
We visit the chiropractor for various reasons:
- To impove overall state of wellness.
- To increase energy and sense of vitality.
- To decrease pain such as low back pain, neck pain, headaches and sciatica.
- To help other conditions such as vertigo/dizziness, insomnia, herniated or protruded discs, anxiety/stress, torticollis (stiff neck), fibromyalgia, etc.
- Prevent many health problems in the future.
- To slow down the degenerative process in the vertebral column: Osteoarthritis.