If you suffer from back pain you are not alone. In fact, 85% of the population have had back pain in some point in their lives. Common events leading or contributing to the development of low back pain include:
- presence of lumbar vertebra subluxations (displaced vertebra causing irritation to the corresponding spinal nerve).
- poor posture
- sedentary lifestyle
- herniated or protruded intervertebral discs
- improper lifting techniques
- wearing high heels
- incomplete rehabilitacion of past injuries
- prolonged sitting
- muscle contractions
- excessive repetitive torsal motions
- improper workstation setup
- traumas such as car accidents
The chiropractor is unique in the health field in that much of the training in chiropractic colleges is specifically aimed at identifying and helping various low back conditions.
Chiropractic management is based on restoring the proper movement and position to the affected vertebras through the use of specific manual adjustments. The benefits of chiropractic have been demonstrated in many studies and many people have avoided high-risk operations.